language on front page

language on front page

Postby Mysticblog on Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:18 am

Hi
i am joseph009 i changed it to my site mysticblog as it is my site

Hebrew translation is will be ready Very Soon.
Sarit is working on templates and some things and it will go out to plog users soon.

my system is international blog, i want to display it in hebrew but write a little text on other languages in the front page.
so people can choose the language of the blog also before registering, like putting country falgs icons on the front page so people can choose the dispaly language they want, when they sign up then they see the system in the beggining in their lang, but they need to be able to switch any time between languages,

Thanks
Joseph
Israel
Mysticblog

Postby phunkphorce on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:42 am

You can change the language in which the summary is displayed since the latest beta of LT 1.0.2. Just add the "lang" parameter to any summary URL such as summary.php?op=blogList&lang=de_DE to get the summary in that language. After that, the language choice is stored in the session and users will get pages in their selected language.

But remember: you need 1.0.2-beta in order to get this feature and it only affects the summary pages, not the blog itself.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby cincen on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:52 am

I'm using latest svn version, and changing the language via url parameter works fine for all the summary pages, except for the main page.

Any page on the summary changes language on the fly using the url, but when trying on main page it does not work:

/summary.php?op=Summary&lang=es_ES
/summary.php?lang=es_ES

But if I go into admin and do a blog cleaning, then the home page appears in the new lang I specified before in the url, so it seems there's some kind of caché on the summary home page.
Tried again to select another lang in url and same ... all pages except the home change on the fly.

any solution?
cincen

Postby phunkphorce on Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:02 pm

Can you post this as an issue in http://bugs.lifetype.net?
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby cincen on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:26 am

phunkphorce wrote:Can you post this as an issue in http://bugs.lifetype.net?

done.
cincen

Return to Localization