Chinese language doesn't work in the article and its titlle

Chinese language doesn't work in the article and its titlle

Postby smego on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:26 am

after successful installation of LT V1.2.8, I tried to modify the existing article titled "congraduation!" with some Chinese words in text and title. The preview of it looked ok, but not in the blog page after summiting it, ending up with some '?????' instead of Chinese words. I believe it was due to my database configuration, and yet can't figure out what is wrong and how to fix. So, please help me with it. Thank you.

And the following is the information about the problem.
the page when problem occurs:
http://www.aidiji.com/blog/index.php?blogId=1
Installation configuration:
UTF8 as the database charset, standard template, no creating new database but use the existing one, and yet some php errors occured (but the installation still appeared as successful)
Code: Select all
Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin/unzip) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/users/:/tmp) in /www/users/aidiji.com/blog/class/file/file.class.php on line 208
(dozen of warnings like this ...)

Database configuration:
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) , MySQL connection collation: Utf8-Unicode-ci
The LT shares the same database_01 with the existing forum phpbb program, and the Collations are,
database_01 is in latin1_swedish_ci, information_schema is in utf8_general_ci,
After all the tables of LT created, it can be seen all the text-like field is in the collation of in latin1_swedish_ci;
PHP configuration:
Version 5.2.4, some necessary features like gd is on, at least enough for phpbb
smego

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Return to Chinese