Resource Uploader

Resource Uploader

Postby aewhite on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:13 pm

This isn't exactly a blog showoff but it is a showoff...

I don't know if anyone else found another way to upload dozens of pictures at once, but I created a simple perl script to help me out. I have all the details on my blog at http://andrewewhite.net/lifetype/blog.p ... mmand-line

It could be greatly improved, but it does it's simple task pretty well. If there is interest in the functionality to be expanded I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,
Andrew
aewhite

Postby jondaley on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:21 am

Pretty nice. I suppose lots of end-users won't have perl on their local windows machines, but maybe they could upload them to the server and then run your script there. Seems pretty useful.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby aewhite on Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:00 am

Ahh, well I was actually thinking of packing it into an exe for windows users with a tk frontend. I was mostly probing for interest with this post. I have to admit that I thought the user base for LifeType had a large amount of Linux users.

Thanks for the input.
aewhite

Postby jondaley on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:51 pm

I'd bet that most of the servers people use are running on linux, but I am not sure about the end-user part. I suppose we probably hear from more windows users than linux users...
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Show Off