845.bz

845.bz

Postby mello on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:59 am

Its not completely done yet, buts its well on its way. I still need to change some icons here and there but overall the layout is complete. Let me know what you guys think. It requires firefox or IE7 due to the transparency I'm using. I can make it work with IE6 but it would take too much time. I'm not worried about that, I want to use all new design techniques so I'm not too worried about those using IE6.

http://845.bz
mello

Postby reto on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:43 pm

hi mello

I like the template. It's pretty close to valid. At the moment it is missing a closing </head> tag and the link to the favicon is broken. But besides that. I really like the user template! (we'd always be very happy to add it to our templates list)

oh, and maybe you can fix the spacing between the banner and the title. the title is partially out of sight because of the top banner...

cheers,
reto
reto | wiki | Downloads
reto
Lifetype Expert

Postby Rehsa4 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Does anyone use a template other than that one? Just wondering, but i like it. I agree with the topbar, it get's in the way of the blog title.
Rehsa4

Postby mello on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 am

reto wrote:hi mello

I like the template. It's pretty close to valid. At the moment it is missing a closing </head> tag and the link to the favicon is broken. But besides that. I really like the user template! (we'd always be very happy to add it to our templates list)

oh, and maybe you can fix the spacing between the banner and the title. the title is partially out of sight because of the top banner...

cheers,
reto

Like I said, its not done yet. The user template is getting a header image which will take up that space. The blog name will also be changed and I will be using dynamic text replacement for that. The favicon is a little mistake on my part which I havent corrected yet haha.

Rehsa4 wrote:Does anyone use a template other than that one? Just wondering, but i like it. I agree with the topbar, it get's in the way of the blog title.

What exactly do you mean by "does any yse a template other than that one"? This is my first time playing with lifetype so I feel its best to base my template off the standard one designed to work properly with the software, which by quickly looking at rpage you did the same thing.

Also you should change
Code: Select all
<meta name="generator" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0" />
to the lifetype info.
mello

Postby Rehsa4 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:02 am

i'm just wondering if you have any other templates installed on your system for people to work with. I understand basing it off yours, but i was just wondering if that was the only template you offered or not in your install. I like it, i was just wondering on what was being offered to people.

As for mine, still working on the summary page at this moment, and i need to change some minor coding on my main blog page. But with mine, i don't have anyone else registered but i have all the normal templates that are offered in the download section.
Rehsa4

Postby mello on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:48 am

Rehsa4 wrote:i'm just wondering if you have any other templates installed on your system for people to work with. I understand basing it off yours, but i was just wondering if that was the only template you offered or not in your install. I like it, i was just wondering on what was being offered to people.

As for mine, still working on the summary page at this moment, and i need to change some minor coding on my main blog page. But with mine, i don't have anyone else registered but i have all the normal templates that are offered in the download section.

I'm not going to offer any of those. Theres nothing wrong with them, but I want to use transparent PNGs and take advantage of proper working CSS code. Which is why all my stiff is going to be designed around IE7 and firefox. Real artist stuff, I have a few ideas I'll show you guys when I put them up.

I most likely wont offer this template to LifeType just because its based off of my main site theme, but the next ones I make I most likely share with the community.
mello

Return to Show Off